Monday, November 9, 2009

Singapore's Play-Doh Ads are Awesome!

So I was flipping through my favorite magazine "Singapore Play-doh Enthusiasts Quarterly" and saw these amazing Play-Doh ad's. I know that 90% of you are avid subscribers to this magazine also, so I was hesitant to post this blog. But just bare with the 10% that don't get the magazine and haven't seen these ads, will ya? Anyway, these ads were printed in that magazine only once but I'm glad they were because they are great! And you have to admit, they are creative. "Safe no matter what you make" and then they show a butcher knife, pills, a razor, a chainsaw, and a box of matches! Haha, it's funny because those are unsafe objects! I will say that I think this is false advertising though, since last night I made something that isn't safe - a big ball of Play-doh that I proceeded to try and swallow and almost choked to death. As soon as Hasbro found these ads they went bananas and demanded they not be printed again, who knows why though they seem perfectly appropriate from children. Right?

Here are some of the other ads:













































































Found at: Geekologie
Hasbro's response to the Singapore Ads